Sunflowers grow in places where the sun shines frequently and grows in any soil as long as it is not saturated with water because of its ability to withstand drought. It often feeds itself. When plants grow in the sun, they produce chemicals that prevent the growth of other plants beside them, so it should be grown away from other plants, especially potatoes and pumpkin seeds. It is worth mentioning that they do not cause damage to animals and humans are non-toxic, they only kill the grass around. This article will mention the nutritional value of sunflower seeds and its many benefits to the body and skin.
Benefits of sunflower seeds for skin
There are many benefits of sunflower seeds for the face, including:
- Production of melanin pigment :Sunflower seeds contain the necessary copper to produce Melanin in the body, which is responsible for giving color to the skin and protecting it from damage caused by UV rays .
- Protect the skin from many skin diseases :The sunflower seeds promote the production of collagen and elastin in the face as a result of the presence of many fatty acids. It also contributes to protection from many skin diseases, the control of fungal infections and the relief of dermatitis and eczema.
- Moisturizing the skin : The sunflower seeds are highly hydrated to the skin and provide a protective barrier due to their containment of linoleic acid .
- Minimize acne :The seeds of the sun contains a very low percentage of sugar, which caused a lot of acne, and some studies have mentioned that the inclusion of sunflower seeds in the diet within certain amounts helps to reduce acne and maintains the freshness of the skin.
- Improve skin health :Studies have shown that vitamin E in sunflower seeds, an antioxidant, keeps the skin healthy and strong and keeps it young .
- Improve overall health of the skin :Because it contains vitamin E and essential fats that moisturize the skin and protect it from the sun and external pollutants, and protects the skin from signs of aging .
The nutritional value of sunflower seeds
A quarter cup of sunflower seeds contains 190 calories, 16 grams of fat, 6 grams of protein, and 4 grams of fiber. The following table shows the daily requirement ratio, which is expressed as a DV% in a quarter cup of rotary seeds Sun for some vitamins and minerals:
Daily requirement (%)
Sunflower seed oil and how to use it for skin
Sunflower seeds oil is made from the exposure of sweet sunflower seeds to pressure, producing a slightly yellowish olive oil. This oil contains a high proportion of polyunsaturated fats, making it suitable for cosmetic uses. This oil is used to remove the dead skin from the body and face,and this is the method:
- One white egg.
- A teaspoon of honey.
- A teaspoon of sunflower oil.
How to prepare:
- Mix all ingredients together.
- Apply face mask and leave for 20 minutes.
- Wash face with warm water.
Other benefits of sunflower seeds
Sunflower seeds are rich in many essential nutrients useful to the body, which are difficult to obtain. In fact, they are ten foods rich in vitamin E, copper and B vitamins. Here are the most important benefits of sunflower seeds for the body:
- Sunflower seeds reduce the risk of heart disease, control blood pressure, reduce inflammation and protect against many different diseases, and contain vitamin E, which is one of the most important antioxidants of the body.
- lower seeds protect the body from stroke, diabetes and even serious respiratory neurological disorders. It protects against Alzheimer’s disease and Parkinson’s disease.
- Sunflower seeds contain many antioxidants that protect the body from harmful free radicals, as well as unhealthy cholesterol, thus preventing cardiovascular disease.
- Protects against atherosclerosis, which eventually leads to heart failure.
- The sunflower seeds prevent cancers, because they contain antioxidants significantly, and they reduce the oxidative stress that occurs inside the body, which causes the development of cancer, according to some studies found that these seeds contain chemical compounds prevent the early stages of the development of cancer, which helps So stop tumor growth.
- Sunflower seeds contain vitamin E, which protects men from prostate cancer, and contains selenium, which prevents breast cancer. It also helps to repair DNA and remove toxins from damaged cells of the body.
- Sunflower seeds support the function of the thyroid gland because it contains the selenium element responsible for regulating body temperature, heart rate and protein production. Any abnormality in the body’s selenium affects the action of the thyroid gland.
- Sunflower seeds control blood sugar and balance, and any imbalance in blood sugar to inflammation and increase in weight.