Honey has been known for 8000 years and has been widely used in ancient civilizations such as Egyptian civilization, Greek civilization, Chinese medicine and Ayurveda, for its countless health and aesthetic benefits. Honey is characterized by antiseptic, antimicrobial, inflammatory, In addition to moisturizing properties. The article will mention the benefits of honey for the skin.
Honey benefits for skin
The development of honey on the skin daily has many benefits, and the use of masks designed to rid the skin of many problems, such as dark spots, acne, dry skin, and others. But should be tested for sensitivity before using it on a small spot of the skin at the jaw and wait for half an hour; if no reaction then can be used safely, and some of the benefits of the skin, including:
- Anti-acne caused by bacteria: because honey is a natural disinfectant cleans the skin by absorbing impurities from the pores, soothe and heal the skin, and can fade the effects of acne; because it is a natural moisturizer of the skin.
- Eliminating Wrinkles and Thin Lines: It moisturizes the outer layer of the skin, calms its dryness and irritation, and its antioxidant properties delay skin aging.
- Treatment of dryness of the skin: by mixing honey with yogurt to get rid of dryness and skin peel and improve the level of moisture in them.
- Clean the skin by removing dirt and germs from them.
- Treatment of warts by applying manuka honey on the wart and leaving it for 24 hours.
- Skin whitening: It contains properties that bleach the skin naturally.
Recipes of honey for skin
There are many recipes for the skin depends on honey, including: