It is a liquid made from rose petals and distilled water, originating in Iran and the Middle East; it has been popularly used for thousands of years for its many potential benefits, as evidenced by some evidence that it has been used to treat some diseases in South America, In cooking, as a fragrance, so to have a beautiful smell .
How to make rose water
Rose water is made of natural ingredients, and it has many uses; as it enters the manufacture of some cosmetics, for the health benefits of the skin, fragrant fragrance, and the following points explain how to make at home:
- Pick fresh petals during early morning hours, after sunrise.
- Wash the petals well using clean water.
- Place the washed petals in a large cooking pot, and add a quantity of distilled water to the container to immerse the petals.
- Cover the bowl and place on low heat until boiling begins.
- Leave the water to evaporate, until it turns pink.
- Filter water from rose petals, wait until it cools, then store it in a pot.
Benefits of rose water
Rose water provides many health benefits to humans, and mention of these benefits:
- Relieve skin irritation: This is because rose water has anti-inflammatory properties. These properties can help treat many diseases, both internal and external, and may alleviate some skin problems, such as rosacea, Skin irritation, and eczema.
- Reduce sore throat: The use of rose water has been popular since ancient times to relieve the sore throat, but more studies are still needed to prove this benefit, but rose water can be used instead of throat medicine to test its effectiveness; its use does not involve any risk healthy.
- Reduced skin redness: The use of rosewater in the beauty industry has been common since it has anti-inflammatory properties and bacteria, and may help reduce acne, redness or bloating in the skin.
- Reduce the risk of infection: Rose water contains disinfectant properties, and therefore can be used in some treatments, such as eye diseases; it can help to treat conjunctivitis when it is used in the drop used for the eye.
- Containing antioxidants: Some studies have suggested that antioxidants in rose petals help inhibit lipid peroxidation, which helps protect cells from damage from these processes.
- Treatment of scars, wounds, and burns: Rosewater accelerates the healing of these conditions because it has disinfectant properties, and anti-bacterial, which contribute to the fight against infection that may be caused by these wounds.
- Improvement of mood: The consumption of rose water extract can contribute to the relaxation of the central nervous system because it has anti-depressant properties and anxiety.
- Relieve headaches: The use of rose water in Aromatherapy, which contributes to the alleviation of headache pain, can be applied by dipping a cloth in rose water, then put on the head for 45 minutes, and can be used to reduce the relief of headaches also by As one study has shown.
- Anti-aging effects: Using rose water topically on the skin can reduce the appearance of wrinkles, so it is used in the manufacture of some beauty products used to reduce the appearance of wrinkles in the skin.
- Mitigation of gastrointestinal disorders: Some studies have suggested that rose water can improve the secretion of bile, which helps digestion.
Uses of rose water
You can get rose water to buy it from the markets, and can be made home by following the above steps, and has many uses, including:
- Used as a skin lotion, or as a disinfectant: The face can be rinsed after washing with normal skin lotions.
- It can be used in many cooking recipes: It can be used in many cooking recipes.
- It can be used to relieve stress: By placing it in a spray box, and sprinkling a little on a pillow, or on different areas of the body, such as the face, or wrists.
Side effects of rose water
Some people may be allergic to rose water, so it is recommended before using it topically to make sure that the person does not suffer from this sensitivity, by putting a small amount on the arm, and waiting for 24 hours, and if no type of sensitivity is safe to use on the skin, This sensitivity may cause some symptoms in people who suffer from it, and when this happens, they advise to consult a doctor, because this sensitivity may be a sign of the human infection or allergic reaction, and mention of these symptoms:
- Feeling of burning in the skin.
- Feeling tingling.
- Redness of the skin.
- Skin irritation.