Tips To Relieve Symptoms Of Colds
There are several methods that can be used at home to relieve symptoms of colds, such as sore throat, cough, or nasal obstruction. These methods do not cause any side effects. However, these methods can not treat colds; Reduce their severity only, and mention of these methods:
- Gargle: which can relieve sore throat, this method can be used by placing a teaspoon of salt with a glass of water, then gurgling out, as a teaspoon of honey and lemon juice can be added to a cup of warm water, but it is worth noting that Avoid using hot water for gurgling, as it may lead to burns.
- Drink lots of fluids: Drink water, tea with lemon or other hot liquids, which protect the body from dehydration, relieve congestion, and it is recommended to drink types of soup containing hot spices, which makes breathing easier.
- Use the steam: inhalation of hot water vapor can reduce nasal congestion and blockage temporarily.
- Nose Drop: Salted water, placed in the nose in the form of drops, and helps to get rid of mucus, which opens nasal passages, and advised to use this method for children in particular.
- Paracetamol: Children are usually more likely to develop a fever when they have colds. Paracetamol can be used to treat fever and sore throat. Some other drugs can be used, such as ibuprofen, which can be given to children over the age of 6 months.
- Honey: According to a study published in the Journal of Pediatrics that giving honey to children before bedtime can reduce night cough, but should not use honey for children under the age of one year, because it may cause them the disease as complete development of the digestive system And the occurrence of botulism.