The human body consists of nearly 100 trillion cells, each containing thousands of proteins needed to function properly. The proteins contain 20 kinds of amino acids. Protein plays an essential role in building, repairing and strengthening the cells and functions of the body. Such as muscles, bones, skin, hair, etc.
The most important sources of protein
The body can produce some amino acids, cannot produce others, and know the amino acids that the body cannot produce with essential amino acids, although they are present in food; but the quality of absorption may be different, which affects the amount of proteins taken, Animal protein, or so-called full protein, is all these essential amino acids. Plant sources may not contain all these amino acids. For example, soybeans and Quinoa contain all the essential amino acids Yeh, while you must combine red beans or lentils with rice, or peanut butter with full bread to get a complete protein, and the most important sources of protein include:
- Eggs: Eggs are foods rich in nutrients, containing vitamins, minerals, healthy fats, and antioxidants. It is worth mentioning that a high percentage of protein concentrated in egg whites, and consists of a large egg of 6 grams of protein, In addition to 78 calories.
- Chicken breast: Chicken breast is one of the most protein-rich foods, which is delicious taste, as well as easy to cook, and comes most calories in chicken breast protein, if taken without skin, and the chicken breast grilled without skin on 53 grams of protein , And 284 calories.
- Milk: Milk is a source of high nutritional value. It is rich in calcium, phosphorus, and riboflavin. It also supplies the body with high-quality protein and contains most of the nutrients the body needs. It is worth mentioning that one cup of whole milk contains On 8 grams of protein and 149 calories.
- Cheese: is a rich source of calcium, phosphorus, selenium, vitamin B12, and riboflavin (B2). 226 grams of cheese contains 27 grams of protein and 149 calories. Other high-protein cheeses, such as parmesan cheese), mozzarella, Swiss cheeses, and cheddar cheese, but their fat content and calories are higher than normal cheese
- Beef: Beef contains high amounts of protein, and it contains iron, vitamin B 12, and many other nutrients, and contains 85 grams of beef cooked with oil by 10% on 22 grams of protein, and 184 calories.
- Tuna: Tuna is widely used and has low fat and calorie content. It contains 145 grams of canned tuna in water, 39 grams of protein and 179 calories.
- Fish: is a rich source of healthy fatty acids (omega-3). It is a rich source of protein but varies depending on its type. 85 grams of salmon contains 19 grams of protein And 175 calories.