- Shrimp: is very low-calorie seafood, rich in a range of nutrients, including selenium, vitamin B12 and omega-3. It contains 85 grams of shrimp and 18 grams of protein, And 84 calories.
Benefits of protein
Proteins play a major role in biological processes, and their functions vary considerably by type, and the benefits of protein and its main functions include:
- Repair old cells, build new cells.
- The formation of hormones, such as insulin.
- Production of different vectors, such as hemoglobin.
- Manufacture of enzymes, such as amylase.
- Is important during growth and development for children and young people, and pregnant women.
- Helps lose weight, by boosting the rate of metabolism, reducing appetite, it is worth noting that proteins give a sense of satiety over fat and carbohydrates.
The body needs protein
Protein is different from fat and carbohydrates in that the body does not contain a stockpile to use when needed, so the body does not store it, and some may think that eating large amounts of protein leads to muscle building, in fact, exercise is the only way to build muscle, Moderate amounts of protein that supply the body need, and this amount is affected by a range of factors, including the level of physical activity, age, muscle mass, and the health status of the person.