Are edible seeds, which can be eaten as they are, or added to the authorities or some other dishes, giving them a taste and a crunchy, and it is worth mentioning that these grains are an important component in Mexican dishes, and found to provide many health benefits to the human body Which will be mentioned in this article.
Benefits of pumpkin seeds
Pumpkin seeds provide many health benefits to the human body,and mention of the most important:
- Rich in antioxidants: pumpkin seeds contain vitamin E and carotids, which have antioxidant properties that reduce inflammation, and protect the body cells from damage from free radicals, which reduces the risk of many diseases, was found in one of the studies conducted On mice with arthritis that the consumption of pumpkin oil can reduce inflammation without causing collateral damage caused by anti-inflammatory drugs.
- Reducing the risk of certain types of cancer: Pumpkin seeds contain Lignans, which have been found to play an important role in reducing the risk of breast cancer, and treatment, as indicated in some laboratory studies that supplements containing pumpkin can be Slows down the growth of prostate cancer cells. In addition, pumpkin intake was associated with a lower risk of colon, stomach, prostate, breast and lung cancers.
- Prostate and bladder health: Pumpkin pills may help relieve symptoms of benign prostatic hyperplasia (BPH), an enlargement of the prostate gland, causing problems with urination. One study involving 1,400 men with this condition indicated that eating pumpkin seeds for one year reduced symptoms and improved quality of life in patients. Another study involving 45 people indicated that consumption of 10 grams of pumpkin extract per day improved the function of the device Urinary incontinence in people with b Activity bladder Rt.
- Magnesium is rich in magnesium: pumpkin seeds are one of the most natural sources of magnesium, which is important for more than 600 chemical reactions in the body. It is also important to regulate blood sugar levels, reduce the risk of heart disease, build and maintain strong bones, And blood pressure control.
- Enhancing heart health: To contain pumpkin seeds contain many nutrients that maintain the health of the heart, such as antioxidants, fatty acids, zinc, and magnesium, and some experts believe that the nitric oxide enzymes found in pumpkin oil have positive effects on heart health; It was found to help expand blood vessels, which improves blood flow, reduces the risk of clots in the arteries,One study, involving 35 women in menopause, said eating pumpkin oil supplements for 12 weeks reduced diastolic blood pressure by 7 percent and increased the levels of good cholesterol by 16 percent. It is worth noting that high blood pressure and cholesterol are The most important risk factors for heart disease, so the reduction can reduce the risk of infection of these diseases.
- Decreased blood sugar levels: This may be because pumpkin seeds are rich in magnesium, which has positive effects on diabetes. In one study involving more than 127,000 people, magnesium-rich diets were associated with a lower risk of type 2 diabetes by 33% In men and 34% in women, but more studies are needed to prove this.
- Fiber-rich: diets improve digestion, reduce the risk of obesity and many other diseases. It is also worth noting that pumpkin seeds that are disposed of usually contain a large amount of fiber.
- Improving the quality of sperm: This may be to contain pumpkin seeds on large amounts of zinc, which helps to improve the quality of sperm which is associated with the lack of men increase the risk of infertility, and these pills are rich in antioxidants and other nutrients that contribute to improving levels of hormone It should be noted that one of the studies conducted in rats have indicated that eating pumpkin seeds helps protect sperm from damage caused by autoimmune diseases or undergo chemotherapy.
- Helping to improve sleep: This may be because the pumpkin seeds contain the amino acid tryptophan, which helps to sleep, but it is worth noting that the human needs to eat a large quantity of pumpkin seeds to obtain sufficient amounts of tryptophan, and magnesium found in pumpkin seeds, Which is associated with obtaining sufficient amounts of it to improve the quality of sleep. In addition, it was found that pumpkin seeds contain zinc, which helps the body to convert tryptophan to serotonin, which turns into the hormone melatonin, which regulates the sleep cycle in humans.