Many of these plants are used in many therapeutic fields. They are a popular herb that can be added to the diet by using it in fresh or dried form in many dishes. Sweets, juices and even water. It can also be drunk as a tea or mint. Mint oil is often used in various industries, including toothpaste, chewing gum, desserts, Beauty products, and in this article we will show the benefits of drinking boiled mint, and the warnings and the damage that can be caused.
Benefits of drinking boiled mint
Mint contains much healthy food, so it provides several benefits to human health, and the benefits of mint and boiled drink made from it, we recall what comes:
- Mint contains Menthol, an aromatic compound that naturally relieves congestion and helps to break down mucus and mucus, making it easier to expel. It also has a cool effect on the throat, so it can help relieve sore throat, Especially when consumed in boiling form.
- It is an effective home remedy for abdominal pain, bloating, and gas elimination. Peppermint is a soothing herb that helps relieve indigestion, increase the secretion and flow of bile, thus facilitating the speed of digestion.
- The menthol in mint helps protect the lining of the inner lining of the stomach from the negative effects of indomethacin so it can be said to reduce the risk of gastric ulcer.
- It helps to calm and relieve the symptoms of irritable bowel syndrome. It is worth mentioning that the effectiveness of this benefit is most evident when consuming mint tablets coated with intestinal packaging ( Enteric-coated tablets).
- It is characterized by a flavored and refreshing fragrance that helps to strengthen and raise mental capacity, increase concentration, and relieve anxiety.
- It reduces the bad breath caused by smoking or eating foods such as onions and garlic. It helps to kill bacteria and reduce their growth in the mouth. This can be obtained by drinking hot or gargling it cold.
The risk of drinking boiled mint
Peppermint tea is safe for use in general, and despite its many benefits and nutritional value, it can cause a range of damage when consumed. The following points show some of the damages and warnings about its use for certain categories of people: