Soybean is one amongst the legumes and native to East Asia. It’s wide used and low in price and has been classified as a kind of seed as a result, it’s usually wont to prepare soybean oil and may be employed in alternative forms, as well as contemporary soybean’s curd, soy milk, soy powder, soy flour, soy sauce, that the composition and content of nutrients in soy depends for the most part on the sort of food it contains; whole soybeans are often helpful and wholesome, whereas spin off product Of soybeans, like soy macro molecule, The soybean oil isn’t wholesome in any respect.
Benefits of soybeans for women
Reduce the risk of breast cancer
There is some research that believes that it may increase the risk of breast cancer. On the other hand, many studies have shown that soybeans are less likely to develop breast cancer because they contain plant compounds known as isoflavones, which may Help to reduce the risk of infection in some women, so it can be said that the consumption of soy in moderate amounts is safe, but there are no studies enough to be used as a dietary supplement to prevent or reduce the risk of breast cancer.
Relieve the symptoms of menopause
It is interesting to note that Asian women, especially Japanese women, are less likely to develop symptoms associated with menopause than Western women. This can be explained by the dietary habits that are associated with menopause, Followed by Asians, including the high consumption of foods containing soybeans; studies show that the isoflavone in soybeans can alleviate the symptoms of menopause in some women.
Other benefits of soybeans
In addition to the benefits of soybeans for women, it has a host of other health benefits to the human body, and we mention some of these benefits:
- Helps lower blood pressure.
- Helps improve blood vessel health, by increasing the flexibility of the arteries.
- Helps reduce the risk of osteoporosis.
- Helps prevent multiple types of cancer, including colon cancer, prostate cancer, and skin cancer.
- Has anti-inflammatory properties.
- It helps lower total cholesterol levels, LDL, triglycerides, and high HDL levels, but the component responsible for these health benefits is not yet known.
The nutritional value of soybeans
The following table shows the nutrients found in 100g of uncooked soybeans:
| Food ingredient || Nutritional value |
| Energy ||446 Calories|
| Dietary fiber ||9,3 Grams|
|Vitamin A||22 UI|
|Vitamin B||0,874 Milligrams|
|Vitamin C||47,0 Micrograms|
Although soy contains many vitamins and minerals, it contains a compound called Phytic Acid, a compound found in plant grains that prevents the absorption of minerals found in them, such as zinc and iron. Its effect can be reduced by boiling or fermentation of grains It is worth noting that the nutritional value of soy protein is good; it is better than most other plant proteins, but its nutritional value is not high compared with animal protein, Most of the fatty acids found in soybeans are fat Omega 6 Unsaturated Which can cause many health problems; consuming large amounts of them in the diet may lead to inflammation and many other health problems, so avoid soybean oil (and other vegetable oils containing high amounts of omega-6), foods The manufacturer containing it.
Soy Side Effects
In spite of the many benefits of soybeans, there are some possible side effects to be taken in some people, in which case the quantities taken from it should be reduced or avoided completely. The following points show some of these effects:
- Eating soy products can negatively affect thyroid function and hormone production in people who are exposed to or have low thyroid activity or congenital hypothyroidism. It can lead to hypothyroidism and hypothyroidism Symptoms of these people, and these symptoms:
- Soy products can cause flatulence and diarrhea in some people because they contain insoluble fiber, so people with irritable bowel syndrome are advised to avoid or reduce soy intake.
- Eating soy can cause allergies in people with food allergies, which is considered one of the most allergenic foods, and if a person suffers from this sensitivity should be avoided to eat completely.