Eating carrots as part of meals can increase the feeling of satiety and reduce the amount of calorie intake. Therefore, adding it to the diet may be beneficial in weight loss diets. Eating carrot juice as an alternative to soft and sugary drinks can help reduce weight faster. Other, carrot juice increases bile secretion (Bile), which may increase the rate of metabolism, the rate of conversion of the body to food to energy, and decomposition of this juice body fat, a study was conducted in mice and found that increased flow of bile juice increased For metabolism, weight loss.
Benefits of carrots for health
Carrots contain many vitamins and minerals that are important to human health and provide many benefits to the body:
- Reducing the risk of prostate cancer: Carotenoids in food sources have an anti-cancer effect because of their antioxidant ability to reduce free radicals in the body. Studies have suggested that eating a diet rich in these carotenoids may be associated with reduced risk of Prostate cancer, but these results still need further studies.
- Reduce the risk of lung cancer: Carrots contain beta-carotene; Studies have indicated that the intake of supplementation of these carotenoids can reduce the risk of lung cancer, and one study published in 2008 that the people who eat large amounts of various carotenoids, was The risk of developing lung cancer was 21% lower than those who did not, but the results differed when taking one type of carotene, such as beta-carotene, and beta-carotene supplementation could increase the risk of this type of cancer in people who smoked Yen.
- Reducing the risk of colorectal cancer: Researchers suggest that eating greater amounts of beta-carotene can reduce the risk of colon cancer.
- Reducing the risk of leukemia: One study published in 2011 suggests that carrot extract can kill leukemia cells and inhibit their development.
- Helps control blood sugar levels: The islands contain phytochemicals and antioxidants that can help regulate blood sugar levels. Although a quarter of the quantity of carbohydrates in it is sugar, the amounts of carbohydrates In the islands is low, and the glycemic index of this type of vegetables is equal to 39; that is, its effect on blood sugar levels is low.
- Enhancing immune function: Carrots contain vitamin C and antioxidants, which help promote the health of the body’s immune system and reduce the risk of disease. In addition, vitamin C may help reduce the duration and severity of colds.