Dry the apricot in the oven
The apricot can be dried by following the following steps:
- Choose apricots, not large, avoid rotting fruits or be bruised, then wash the apricots with cold water to remove any dirt on it, then divide the apricot bean into halves, remove the seed from inside, and avoid crusting.
- Put vitamin C on apricots, to prevent its color change, and keep its content of vitamins during the drying process, by mixing a teaspoon of vitamin C tablets with a liter of water, then pour in a plastic bag, and soak the apricots for five minutes, Move it or move the contents of the bag every minute.
- Set the oven at 60 ° C, place the apricot on the butter paper on the oven racks, leave the oven door open, place the fan near it to move the air over the apricots, and let it dry for 24-36 hours.
Storage of dried apricots
The apricot must be stored after drying after it has been completely cooled and placed in a glass storage container. These vessels should be removed daily for two continuous weeks. When any condensation or moisture is observed, the apricots should be put back in the sun for an hour or more before returning. To make sure it is completely dry, put the apricot seeds in plastic bags and store at temperatures of 40 degrees Fahrenheit or less.
Tips before drying the fruits of apricots
- It is important to choose fresh fruits that are harvested at the end of the season. The fruit is more mature and sweet, which reduces the possibility of a bitter taste after drying.
- In the case of apricot fruits, these fruits were not well mature. It is best to place these fruits in a paper bag for an adequate period (about four days) until these fruits become more moist and mature.
- The fruits of apricots must be cleaned by washing them with water to get rid of dirt and dust. It is important to filter the fruits and get rid of the damaged and non-drying. This step is essential before starting the drying process in any of the following ways.